List Of The Best Breast Augmentation Surgeons In Toronto
Every year more and more women in Toronto opt to have breast implants surgery. The reasons differ from person to person but the ultimate goal is to revitalize ones self confidence and self worth. This trend could also be attributed to the increase in women who need reconstructive work done to repair issues caused from having a mastectomy from cancer. Other reasons may be due to the increase in women having multiple children and the rising popularity of the “mommy make over” which is a surgical procedure to return the figure of women who have had children.
How Breast Implants Procedures Are Performed In Toronto, Ontario
First thing to do when looking into having any operation is to due your due diligence and gain as much information and insight into the surgery as possible before hand. There are numerous breast implants Toronto surgeons and the one thing that is very important is to research every plastic surgeon and look for the top 10 who have had the most experience, ideally with a minimum of 5 years of practice and over 100 successful and satisfied clients. If you keep to these guidelines it will help you to have less complications down the road.
After you have found your doctor he will invite you to a consultation appointment. Here you two will discuss your needs, have a medical evaluation done to ensure you are healthy enough to heal properly, and get feedback or suggestions from your doctor on what will be the best route for you and your body. Keep in mind also that you may have to stop taking certain medications, especially blood thinners. Also if you are a smoker then you must quit smoking at least 3 weeks prior to going under the knife.
Breast Implants Toronto Costs & Expenditures
The main thing to know about how much your breast implants Toronto will cost is that there are many factors to consider. Those factors range from the doctor, location, and the type of implant you want to use with Gummy Bear implants costing the most. All plastic surgeons now a days accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards. Payment is expected at the time services are performed with the cost of the consultation payed for beforehand. Some plastic surgeons do offer a payment schedule or even a full financing solution this however greatly varies from surgeon to surgeon so it would be a good idea to ask them about financing during your consultation.
Usually the cost is between $5,000 and $15,000 dollars but you must consider that very few health insurance companies cover implants so it would be a good idea to build your savings until you are ready to pay in cash or check.
Saline Implant Cost
- Expect to spend between $6000 to $9000 for saline implants.
Cohesive Gel Implant Cost
- Cohesive gel implants are roughly $1000 more than saline implants
Silicone Implant Cost
- Silicone implants tend to be about $2000 more expensive than saline
Most surgery practices accept insurance plans and will prepare all the necessary forms for your medical provider for you but more often than not your insurance will not cover the operation. Because breast implants Toronto is a cosmetic procedure, health insurance companies usually won’t cover your breast augmentation surgery unless you have a premium plan that covers elective surgery procedures.
Implant Incision Locations On Your Breast:
There are several possible locations for the small incision that will be used for inserting the breast implants. The most frequent technique utilizes an incision made in the lower portion of the breast. Another technique, though less frequently used, involves making an incision in the armpit. A third technique makes an incision around the areola (the darker skin surrounding the nipple). A newer technique uses an incision in the belly button, thus reducing the chance of scarring in the breast area. The best technique will be decided together between you and your breast implants Toronto surgeon.
Where Will Your Implants Be Placed Under Your Skin?
- This is where the implant is placed on top or over the chest muscle. This has less risk, is less painful, and has a quicker recovery time but also has the drawback of looking less natural.
- This is where the implant goes underneath the chest muscle. This has the benefit of looking more natural and the breast implants are less visible. Sub-muscular is ideal for thing patients but be aware there is a longer and more painful recovery time. This is the main advantage of having breast implants Toronto performed in this location.
Saline & Silicone Breast Implants Toronto Information
There are two types of breast implant: saline and silicone. Although many women say that silicone implants feel more real than saline, they do however pose more of a risk to your health if they were to ever leak. Simply put here is a quick look at the difference between the two types.
- Silicone shells filled with sterile salt water aka saline.
- Ideal for women with slight breast asymmetries.
- The insertion of any given saline implant during surgery requires a smaller incision than that required for a similar size of Cohesive Gel implant.
- Silicone shells filled with a plastic gel aka silicone.
- Each implant is filled with a thick, cohesive silicone gel formula that holds together uniformly and retains a natural pliability that closely resembles breast tissue.
- Cohesive Gel implants suffer from less rippling/wrinkling than saline implants and older liquid silicone implants.
- Ideal for women with very little natural breast tissue or fat.
- If a Cohesive Gel implant leaks or ruptures, the silicone gel will not be released.
How To Determine The Right Breast Implants Size At Home
The Rice test is a convenient method for determining your breast implants Toronto size in cc in the privacy of your own home. To do the test all you need to do is fill two sandwich bags with rice and insert them into your desired bra size. Once you have enough rice in the bag to give you the cup size that you want, empty the rice into a measuring cup and record the volume of rice in the cups. Then simply convert the cups of rice to ccs to get an estimate of the cc of breast implant that you will need by comparing your results with the chart below:
- 1 cup = 236cc
- 1/2 cup = 118cc
- 3/4 cup = 177cc
- 2/3 cup = 156cc
- 1/3 cup = 78cc
- 1/4 cup = 59cc
- 1/8 cup = 30cc
*Note this is for a rough estimate of the cc you will need
Breast Augmentation Surgery Conclusion
Overall it’s up to you and your surgeon to decide on whether saline or silicone is right for you and what location will be best for you as well. We hope we have provided you with a starting point and some basic information on breast implants Toronto.