Quickly Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Edmonton For Breast Augmentation
Places To Get Breast Implants In Edmonton
Below you will find contact info, certifications, and patient reviews of plastic surgeons who provide the best breast implants in Edmonton
Dr. Gordon Wilkes:
Why We Choose Him:
Dr. Gordon Wilkes is a graduate of the University of Alberta. He practices at the University of Alberta Hospital, Stollery Children’s Hospital, Misericordia Hospital and the Plastic & Cosmetic Laser Surgical Centre. Dr. Wilkes is the Divisional Director of Plastic Surgery and a Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Alberta in the Division of Plastic Surgery. He is the past President of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and past Chief Examiner for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Lisa Korus:
Why We Choose Her:
Dr. Korus completed her plastic surgery residency training at the University of Alberta. Following this, she underwent sub-specialty training in hand and wrist surgery at the University of Western Ontario’s Hand and Upper Limb Centre and sub-specialty training in breast surgery at the University of Toronto. Throughout the course of her studies, Dr. Korus also competed a Master’s Degree in Public Health from Johns Hopkins University focusing on assessing and improving surgical outcomes.
Dr. Korus is also a member of the Alberta Medical Association, Alberta Society of Plastic Surgeons and Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and is a candidate member of the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Dr. David Campbell:
Why We Choose Him:
Dr. David Campbell is a graduate of the University of Alberta and a former Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. He practices at the Royal Alexandra and Misericordia Hospitals and at the Plastic & Cosmetic Laser Surgical Centre. Dr. Campbell is also an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Alberta in the Division of Plastic Surgery.
Breast Surgery Explained
Click on the video to see a brief overview of the breast enhancement process. Including how and where the implant will be located plus the different shapes and sizes that are available.
Breast Implants Edmonton: An Introduction To Augmentation Surgery
Plastic surgery fields are numerous and the procedures are similarly diverse in nature. However some are more common than others with one of the more common surgeries being breast enhancement, also known as a breast lift or breast implants. Breast augmentation is commonly mentioned in places that revolve around entertainment, fashion, and in image conscious cities such as Toronto and Hollywood where large breasts are seen everywhere from the windows of lingerie stores, swimsuit magazine covers, to cosmopolitan literature.
Even though some women may be blessed with double-D and 32 waists, the vast majority of women feel inadequate when they look in the mirror and see what nature has given them as unfortunately sometimes it’s not what our jaded society expects of them. It’s no surprise then that with the growing norm of operations in the past decade, we see not only middle-aged women but also women in their early twenties spending tens of thousands of dollars or more on their surgical needs. Edmonton isn’t the only city in Alberta that is showing an increase in plastic surgery procedures, Calgary is equally growing just as fast
Regardless of why you choose to have a surgical operation performed, we consider the procedure a good thing if the woman who chooses plastic surgery actually gains a boost in her self-esteem and achieves some amount of confidence for herself and in turn feels like she can conquer the world.
One place to find a good surgeon, besides from our list of physicians above, is RateMds. This website is based on reviews from patients about their cosmetic or plastic surgical procedures. These are unsolicited and honest reviews of surgeons this is why Ratemds.com is one of the best resources to finding plastic surgeons and doctors throughout Canada and the United States. You can simply enter your city and or zip code and search through the listings of doctors. There is also the added benefit of peer reviews, office hours, locations, and contact details. This is number one place we recommend to research breast implants Edmonton surgeons and how determine which plastic surgeon will be right for you.
Health Conditions You Need To Meet Prior To Your Procedure
- Cannot be an active smoker, as smoking interferes with the healing process. Note* if you do smoke cigarettes then you have to quit smoking within 4 weeks of the surgery
- You have to be healthy and over 18 or if under 18 a have parent consent
- Must be healthy and over 22 to receive the newer gel, also known as, Gummy Bear breast implants
- If you are or have been pregnant then you will need to wait for at least 4-8 weeks after you have stopped breast feeding
- Cannot have active infections within your body. For example HIV, STD’s, Flu, Cold etc. need to be cleared by a doctor. Please see your doctor and consult with your surgeon if you have any of the above infections.
- Can not have any type of bleeding or clotting blood issues
Choosing The Right Breast Implants Size
Breast implants are not an exact science. No cc amount directly equals a cup size as existing breast tissue, shape of the rib-cage, and your own personal anatomy plays a huge part in finding the right size. 2 ladies can have the same exact stats, same exact cc’s, but both can have a completely different outcome because their anatomy is completely different. This is why it is so important to speak in detail with your plastic surgeon during your consultation. It is also important to note that different manufactures can have slightly different implants and also leads to women having different results then other women.
How Women In Edmonton Alberta Determine Their Breast Implants Size
We have been asked the question about on how many cc’s equate to a certain cup size. After receiving so many questions on the subject we decided create an easy to use guide to answer your questions. So we sat down with our math guy and we came up with a simple and easy to understand size chart. These calculations are very detailed and based on exact implant widths, projections, circumferences, and bra sizes in order to calculate volumes correctly and accurately.
*Note this guide is for women who are already starting with a B Cup Size.
Here is our breakdown of the number of CC’s and what cup size it roughly equals.
0 – 93 A Fuller B Cup
93 – 291 C Cup Size
300cc – 516 D Size
516 – 768 E (DD) Cup Size
768 – 1048 F (DDD) Cup
1048 – 1359 G Size
1359 – 1701 H Cup Size
How Much Are Breast Implants In Edmonton?
- The cost of breast implants in Edmonton range from $5,000 – $10,000
- It’s worth noting that you should check that the total fee includes the surgical fee, cost of implants, anesthesia fee, surgical facility fee, and follow up care. This is something you must be aware of up front as the anesthesia fee on average adds $1000-1500 to the cost.
What To Expect During Recovery & Length Of Results
A day or two after surgery, you should be up and about. Any dressings will be removed within several days, and you may be instructed to wear a support bra. Your plastic surgeon will probably permit you to shower between three and seven days following surgery. Stitches will be removed in about a week. Some discoloration and swelling will occur initially, but this will disappear quickly. Most residual swelling will resolve within a month.
- The first week will require as much rest as possible then bruising will subside in about 2 – 4 weeks
- Final result will not be seen until 6 months to a year, after the implants have settled into place under the skin and the muscles relax back to their original place prior to the surgery.
- it is often possible to return to work within just a few days or a week, depending on your job. Vigorous activities, especially arm movement, may be restricted for two to three weeks.
- Sexual activity should be avoided for at least the first week following surgery. After that, care must be taken to be extremely gentle with your breasts for at least the next month
Except in the event of implant deflation requiring surgical replacement with a new implant, the results of your breast augmentation surgery will be long-lasting. However, gravity and the effects of aging will eventually alter the size and shape of virtually every women’s breasts, you may choose to undergo a breast “lifting” procedure to restore their more youthful contour.