Quickly Find A Surgeon In Calgary For Your Breast Implants Surgery
In the past few years Calgary has seen an increase in women getting breast implants, but many of those same women have found it difficult to find a quality surgeon. With there being over 50 different surgeons in Calgary to choose from it’s easy to see how finding the right surgeon for you can be a lengthy process. This is why we have created a list of the top rated breast implants surgeons in Calgary, Alberta. Below you will find board certified and highly skilled physicians who have a proven track record of providing outstanding surgical results for their patients. You will also find additional information on the process of having a procedure performed so you will have a better idea of what to expect.
List Of The Best Breast Augmentation Surgeons In Calgary
Below you will find contact info, certifications, and patient reviews of the best breast implants surgeons in the Calgary area
Dr. Frank Ryan:
Phone: (403) 245-1228
Why We Choose Him:
Dr. Frank Ryan is certified by the Canadian Medical Association, Alberta Medical Association, Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. He has a big heart and has traveled abroad to help those in needs by performing cleft pallet procedures Pro Bono for children in Cambodia. Dr. Ryan also has a 4.9 start rating on Ratemds.com which again showcases his surgical talent and his level of care for his patients. Below is a patient review of Dr. Ryan.
Dr. Jonathan Lee:
Why We Choose Him:
Dr. Jonathan Lee is an experienced, Canadian and New York fellowship-trained Plastic Surgeon based in Calgary. Well-established, he is board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and specializes in both cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He began his studies at the University of Calgary as a double major in both Science and Music Piano Performance. He then went on to study medicine at the University of Alberta, where he completed his medical degree (MD) in 2003, followed by a five year residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (FRCSC).
Dr. Jeffrey C. Dawes:
Why We Choose Him:
Dr. Dawes MD has extensive surgical training in areas ranging from aesthetic surgery to major facial trauma, hand injuries, breast reconstruction and microsurgery. In total, Dr. Dawes has acquired 17 years of post-secondary education prior to opening his own practice in 2010. He has two undergraduate degrees (B.Sc., B.Comm.) as well as a Masters degree in Business (MBA) from the University of Calgary. In 2004, he graduated with his MD degree at the same institution, and was named valedictorian of his medical school class. Dr. Dawes was accepted into the highly-competitive aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery program at the University of Calgary, where he completed five years of intensive surgical training. Dr. Dawes also is a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He then undertook a coveted one-year postgraduate training fellowship in Mohs micrographic (skin cancer) surgery, which he completed through an American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS)-accredited training program. Dr. Dawes is one of only two plastic surgeons in Canada trained in Mohs surgery, which along with post-cancer soft-tissue facial reconstruction, remains his primary academic interest.
Breast Implants Calgary: Introduction
Breast augmentation is aimed at creating symmetry in a woman’s bust line, help correct sagging tissue, increase fullness after pregnancy and or a dramatic weight loss, and to improve one’s self image and self-confidence. You can view a few before and after photos here
Most older women tend to have their operation to bring back the youthfulness of their bust line while younger women tend to seek a fuller and more voluptuous look. Every person’s reasoning is different but the main goal is the same, to feel more confident about ones-self.
Health Conditions You Need To Meet Prior To Your Procedure
- You have to be healthy and over 18 or if under 18 a have parent consent
- Must be healthy and over 22 to receive the newer gel, also known as, Gummy Bear breast implants
- Cannot be an active smoker, as smoking interferes with the healing process. Note* if you do smoke cigarettes then you have to quit smoking within 4 weeks of the surgery
- If you are or have been pregnant then you will need to wait for at least 4-8 weeks after you have stopped breast feeding
- Can not have any type of bleeding or clotting blood issues
- Cannot have active infections within your body. For example HIV, STD’s, Flu, Cold etc. need to be cleared by a doctor. Please see your doctor and consult with your surgeon if you have any of the above infections.
Breast Implants Type – Saline vs. Silicone:
There are two main types of implants, each with its own pros and cons. See the list of benefits of each below to help you decide which is right for you. Keep in mind you will discuss this in more depth during your consultation. To find out how much breast implants on average cost in Calgary please visit our blog post here
Saline Implant Benefits:
- Has been FDA and Health Canada approved for decades.
- Each implant is filled with a sterile salt-water solution similar to the fluid that makes up most of the human body (i.e., it is harmless and compatible with the human body).
- Have a slightly firmer feel than silicone.
- Ideal for women with slight asymmetries.
- Requires a smaller incision than needed for a similar sized Cohesive Gel implant.
- Saline is cheaper than Cohesive Gel which means the total cost is cheaper.
Silicone Implant Benefits:
- Are FDA and Health Canada approved.
- Each implant is filled with a thick, cohesive silicone gel formula that holds together uniformly and retains a natural pliability that closely resembles skin tissue.
- Have far less rippling and or wrinkling than saline does.
- Ideal for women with very little natural breast tissue or fat.
- If a Cohesive Gel implant leaks or ruptures, the silicone gel will not be released.
- Has a set fill volume for predictable results.
What To Expect During Your Breast Augmentation Procedure?
Breast implant surgery is commonly performed on an outpatient basis at a hospital or state-of-the-art surgical unit while the patient is under a general anesthesia and asleep. Once the anesthesia has been administered to the patient the breast tissue is raised to create an open pocket under the breast tissue or beneath the chest wall muscle. They typically contain a saline solution (similar to saltwater) although in special cases they can contain a silicone gel. In some circumstances, particularly those in which there is asymmetry (uneven), an inflatable implant may be used to adjust the level of inflation to attain symmetry and balance of your.
What You Can Expect During The Recovery Process
Generally, post-operative instructions call for plenty of rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and recovery time. Bandages are applied right after surgery to aid the healing process and to minimize movement of the breasts. Once the bandages are removed, a specialized surgical bra will need to be worn for several weeks. Patients sometimes report minor pain associated with the surgery. This pain can be treated effectively with oral medication. While complications are rare, patients can minimize potential problems by carefully following the directions given by the physician after surgery.
Still Want To Find & Research Your Own Surgeon?
One of the quickest and simplest ways to find information on breast implants surgeons in Calgary is to use a site like ratemds.com This website provides a list of the top plastic surgeons throughout the United States and Canada. There are user reviews that document step by step their thoughts and feelings of how they were treated during the consultation, surgery, post-surgery, and of course their surgical results.
For additional Information please see our blog posts: