Are You Considering Breast Implants Surgery And Live In St. Albert, Alberta?
In response to this we here at Surgeons In Canada have put together a list of the top rated breast implants surgeons in St. Albert, Alberta and the surrounding area. We aim to help women like yourself feel less overwhelmed and feel confident in finding the right cosmetic surgeon for you. We also have detailed information on what to expect when having your breast implants procedure, including everything from the initial consultation, to the actual surgery, to the post op and recovery process.
Breast Implants St. Albert: List Of Certified Surgeons
Below you will find a list of plastic surgeons who provide services to St. Albert and the surrounding areas. You will also find their credentials, patient reviews, and contact information.
Where Will Your Procedure Be Performed & How Long Will It Take?
In St. Albert breast augmentation surgery is commonly performed on an outpatient basis at a hospital or state-of-the-art surgical unit while the patient is under a general anesthesia and asleep. Once the anesthesia has been administered to the patient the breast tissue is raised to create an open pocket under the tissue or beneath the chest wall muscle. The operation time can vary depending on the size of your breast implants where typically 300cc and 400cc implants can last anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. Please note that during your consultation process your physician will speak in detail as to where he will be performing your procedure.
Things You Must Check Before Having Your Breast Implants Procedure
Here is a quick list of health conditions you must meet to be a candidate for breast augmentation surgery.
- Cannot be an active smoker, as smoking interferes with the healing process. Note* if you do smoke cigarettes then you have to quit smoking within 4 weeks of your procedure
- If you are or have been pregnant then you must wait for at least 4-8 weeks after you have stopped breast feeding
- Must not have any type of bleeding or clotting blood issues
- You must also not have any active infections within your body.
How Much Do Breast Implants Cost in St. Albert, Alberta?
Usually the cost of a breast augmentation operation is between $5,000 and $15,000 dollars so it would be a good idea to build your savings. *note- To see what the cost may be in other areas of Canada please see our Calgary Breast Implants article.
- Expect to spend between $6000 to $7000 for saline implants.
- Cohesive gel cost roughly $1000 more than saline does
- Silicone tends to be about $2000 more expensive than saline
How To Determine Your Ideal Cup Size In CC’s
We have been asked many times how to tell how many cc’s equates to a certain cup size. After receiving so many questions from women in St. Albert we decided create an easy to use guide to answer your questions. So we sat down with our math guy and we came up with a simple and easy to use size chart. These calculations are based on implant widths, projections, circumferences, and bra sizes in order to calculate volumes as accurately as possible.
*Note this guide is for women who are already starting with a B Cup.
Here is our breakdown of the number of CC’s and what cup size it roughly equals.
0 – 93 = A Fuller B Cup
93 – 291 = C Cup
300cc – 516 = D Cup
516 – 768 = E (DD)
768 – 1048 = F (DDD) Cup
1048 – 1359 = G Size
1359 – 1701 = H Cup
Breast Implants Types – Silicone & Saline
There are many different shapes, sizes, and types giving women many options in terms of the final appearance of their body. However sometimes to many options can lead to you feeling unsure of how to choose the right size.
Benefits Of Saline:
- Ideal for women with slight asymmetries.
- Saline is cheaper than silicone Cohesive Gel, lowering the total cost of your operation
- Has a slightly firmer feel than a silicone-filled implant.
- Have been FDA and Health Canada approved for decades.
- The required incision is smaller than what is needed for Cohesive Gel.
Benefits Of Silicone:
- Each implant is filled with a thick, cohesive silicone gel formula that holds together uniformly and retains a natural pliability that closely resembles breast tissue.
- Ideal for women with very little natural breast tissue or fat.
- If there happens to be a leak or rupture, the silicone will not be released.
- Silicone implants suffer from less rippling/wrinkling than saline
- Are FDA and Health Canada approved.
- Have a set volume for much more predictable results.
What Is The Recovery Process Like?
Generally, post-operative instructions call for plenty of rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and recovery time. Bandages are applied right after surgery to aid the healing process and to minimize movement of the breasts. Once the bandages are removed, a specialized surgical bra will need to be worn for several weeks. Patients sometimes report minor pain associated with the surgery. This pain can be treated effectively with oral medication. While complications are rare, patients can minimize potential problems by carefully following the directions given by the physician after surgery.
For more information visit WebMD.
We hope the above information has helped you feel confident in having your breast implants St. Albert procedure, and we wish you well in your new look.
I honestly could not be happier with my results, I received breast implants in Ottawa and they look natural and subtle, exactly what I wanted and needed! All in all, incredible experience. I am happy to have found Surgeons In Canada as they found an excellent surgeon for me.Jessica